Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Could Die Happy #30

I could die happy when....


Someone notices.

One of the things any writer will tell you is how solitary the act of writing is. You spend a lot of time alone and creating half the circle.  It takes the reader to complete the other half.  The same goes with acting.  You can rehearse and rehearse, but until you have an audience you don't know what works and what doesn't.  The message is dangling out there in the universe.  Sometimes it feels the same way with this blog.  Most of the time I have no idea if anyone is reading this or not.  On one hand, I am doing it for me, so it isn't critical, but on the other hand, I'd love to know someone is listening/reading.

Occasionally someone will tell me out of the blue, "I love your blog." or "I've been reading you."   To them I always say "thanks" while I lower my head a bit in embarrassment.  Secretly, it makes my day!  

Go out and make someone's day today.  Let them know you notice them.  The good work they're doing. A good deed. Or even notice they might need a friend. A hug.  

Imagine a world where we notice the fellow man/woman in front of us and we spend less time noticing Lindsay Lohan or the Kardashians. 

No comments:

Post a Comment