Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

Now, you would think that a snow day would be a writer's best friend. Stuck in the house, the outside world comes to a standstill and you are left alone with a pot of coffee, a laptop and a wealth of ideas just waiting to be born.  Sounds great, right?  Wrong!

The expectations are too much.  Sure, I was still working my day job from home, but I could have easily used some of the time to write or edit a couple of things.  Did I?  Nope.  I checked my email. I re-checked my email. I updated my Facebook status.  I updated it again.  I tried to watch television. I played Farkle.  I took a nap.  I did the dishes.  I walked the dogs.  I walked the dogs again.  I stared out the window. I watched birds on the ledge. I watched a squirrel hit a patch of ice and slide down a tree.

I think I'm stir crazy, and I've only been in the house for one day.  The irony is that I usually love nesting.  I could not leave the house for days and be perfectly fine.  Not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment