Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Could Die Happy #6

I could die happy after...


Performing with the Dayton Opera in The Barber of Seville

In September of 2001 I got the opportunity of a lifetime.  Or at least my lifetime.  I was asked to play Ambrogio in Dayton Opera's production of The Barber of Seville.  It was a small part, but an incredible one.  I played a drunken servant and got paid $900 to do it. I had one line and it was in Italian.  The reason this was so incredible is that I have not one bit of musical ability.  I wouldn't catch a music cue if it bit me in the ass. 

This was one of my first times acting professionally and I was in awe.  I remember sitting in my dressing room opening night.  The curtain had gone up and I was in full hair and makeup when I heard over the loud speaker, "Mr. Flynn, five minutes to places stage right.  Five minutes, Mr. Flynn."  

No comments:

Post a Comment